Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Nights at Home

There are no shortage of friends and family in my life. I've always made friends easily.... maybe sometimes a little too easily. Unfortunately I usually make friends of convenience, not of substinance. I think that I have over compensated during my life to try to make up for my "flaw" of being fat.

Guys: I'm "one of the guys"... meaning that I know everything (well, almost) about sports and cars and such. I can keep up with their conversations, give up a good fight in any "kill em" video game and I can rock out on a moments notice. I bake, cook, clean, organize, help shop, give them girl advice and am always available at a moment's notice...

The "pretty" Girls: I guess I see myself as the ugly one in the group.... I make it easy for guys. They come up and talk to me or start a conversation. (It's easier to break the ice with someone like me who is less intimidating) I'm the one that will watch everyone's purse when they are all out on the dance floor with random men slow dance after slow dance. I'm always there to dry tears after a breakup or offer fashion support at their favorite store that caters to women under a size 12.

I guess the ongoing trend is that I'm always available.... so... here I sit at home on a Saturday... once again, available.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a VALID topic attraction to this kind of blog, Betty, but I think your initial approach to this topic is a wee bit off...

    You NEED to approach this topic and your Life from the POSITIVE and not the negative side of Life.

    Yes, I know, it's the negative that you know all too well, but that side will NEVER be of help to you or to your future readers as they already most likely DO know of what you speak and like you are in need of SOLUTIONS not a re-hashing of the same old, same old...they, as "Big Girls" too, already KNOW what you know! Offer them solutions, NOT a re-hash of the negatives which will do no one in your case ANY good!

    Start by redecorating this blog!

    Get out of the "black" and back into the colour of Life!

    Be proud of your accomplishments and your talents and FLAUNT those characteristics!

    MANY girls, when I was in grade school/college asked me why the men were so attracted to me as I was appealing physically BUT NOT any runway model...

    I said to them now, what I'm saying to you now:

    IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SEXY, YOU ARE SEXY! PERIOD!

    And if you exude that confidence (and no, it's NOT an arrogance! There IS a difference!), continue to be a good conversationalist, and display that you have more going on in that brain of yours that what your body may hint at, then by default, naturally, you WILL attract EVERYONE to your corner, as MOST people your age, thin or not, haven't got what you have...PRIDE and CONFIDENCE in who you are!!!

    Make this site NOT a downer site; make it an UPPER site that all those skinny broads would kill to have...decorate it with YOUR personality, your interests, cars if you like cars, recipes for killer date nights if you're a cook, fashion do's and don'ts for full figured gals etc., etc., etc.

    My name is MsBurb and I'm the Honorary Hostess-In-Chief over at the Coffee Shop. Drop by anytime or email me directly at burb2872@yahoo.com for any advice you may need in the future...

    You have a possible blog gold mine here IF you address it in a POSITIVE/PRODUCTIVE/SOLUTION-ORIENTED way!!!

    The Best of Luck to you in this and in all things!

    Cordially (If Not Entirely Sober!)
    MsBurb

    Honorary Hostess-In-Chief
    & High Chief Mucky Muck of

    B3 - Burb's Buck & Buntline Inn
    (http://burbsbuckandbuntlineinn.blogspot.com/)

    and

    TLB2 - 2nd Official Tate-LaBianca Murders Blog
    (http://2ndofficialtate-labiancamurdersblog.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's good advice. I would deffo get rid of the black too. not nice colours here. A promising start though.
    I blog about my disastrous dates/sexual embarrassments/pursuit of my hairdresser - check it out: http://plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this blog! Bit depressing and I'm a bit more careful of who I leave my bag with, but good work!
    I agree about the colours though- black is a bit negative!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete